What is a Core?
- A core is the old unit, which was replaced by the new or rebuilt item.
- Many replacement parts such as pumps, injectors, turbochargers and high pressure oil pumps have a core charge that is associated with the part. All cores must be like for like and include all parts and pieces that were received on your replacement product.
- All cores must be returned in rebuildable condition to receive full credit.
- No core credit will be issued for cores that have been in a fire, disassembled, or severely damaged or broken.
- Partial core credit may be issued for cores that have a seized head and rotor, cracked housings, contamination (water, biodiesel, waste vegetable oil, etc), or missing parts or pieces.
Core Return Procedure
- Drain all fluids (oil, fuel, etc.) before the core is returned.
- Use all plastic plugs and caps received on the replacement item on the return core.
- Wrap in sturdy plastic bag to prevent leakage. Any wet packages may result in damaged or denied packages.
- Pack the core in the original box. Be sure to use any cardboard braces or internal cushioning provided.
- Include a copy of the purchase invoice in the original box.
- Apply the shipping return label over the original shipping label on the external package. The item must be shipped using the return service label for free return freight.
- Drop off the core at a local Purolator store or drop location.
- If for any reason you are shipping the core back to Diesel Parts Canada using any method other than the return service label provided please e-mail the tracking number and invoice number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Core Return Timeline
- If the core is returned within 30 days, a full refund of the core charge will be issued to the customer
- If the core is returned after 30 days a full refund of the core charge minus 10% will be issued to the customer.
- If the core is returned after 60 days 50% of the core charge will be refunded.
- If the core is returned after 90 days we reserve the right to deny or refund up to 50% of the core charge.